Our River Rafting trips are Fully Outfitted
An Ouzel Outfitters rafting trip is designed to take care of all the details; providing all specialized equipment and including a wide range of ammenities to make your trip as comfortable as possible. Our trip planners include detailed packing lists and our office staff are always available to answer questions about what to bring and what to leave home. We are also very happy to help with pre and post-trip accommodations and additional activities.
- Cold Weather: We provide paddle jackets and paddle pants on all of our trips. We also include wetsuits when conditions warrant and on cooler rivers like the McKenzie and North Umpqua we provide wetsuit booties.
- Camping Equipment: All of our multi-day trips include personal camping gear (sleeping bags, large or small tents and pads), a full kitchen, full-sized banquet tables and directors chairs for dining, solar showers, top-of-the-line portable toilets, sanitation facilities and items to make your trip fun like river libraries and an assortment of games. Our camps are comfortable, fully stocked and well organized.
- Highly Experienced, Licensed Guides: Trained in the art of river running, all guides are appropriately licensed and certified, have a minimum medical certification of Wilderness First Aid, and undergo yearly river rescue training, risk managment, interpretive and customer service training. Few companies put as many resources into training than Ouzel Outfitters. Click HERE to meet some of our guides.
- Rafts: All of our half and one-day trips (and all North Umpqua trips) include paddle rafts only. On multi-day advetures we provide a variety of rafts to accommodate all levels of activity. Multi-day trips will have a mix of oar rafts (sit and ride), paddle rafts (join the comaraderie of a paddle crew) and single-person inflatable kayaks (challenge the river one-on-one). We never assign seats in rafts on mulit-day trips - it is common for our guests to switch from boat to boat throughout the day or from day-to-day during the course of a trip. Check out our raft types.
- Meals: We include the best meals, starting with lunch on the first day through lunch on the last day. Hors d'oeuvres are served nightly followed by delicious dinners accomapnied by fine wines and tasty desserts. Dinner and breakfast are served on full-sized banquet tables so you won't have to balance a plate on your lap. Perishable foods are purchased the evening before your trip to insure freshness, and veggies, meats and dairy items are packed separately in iced coolers. Every meal is balanced and there is always plenty to eat. We can accommodate different diets and food restrictions, and enjoy making special plans for anniversaries, birthdays or any special occasion. Let us know if we need to bring candles! Click to see our Sample Rafting Menu.
- Beverages: Coffee, tea, hot chocolate and fruit juices are available each morning. Wines are served with dinner. Ice water is available at all times, with lemonade and iced tea available at lunch and in camp. For those who wish to bring personal beverages such as beer, sodas and spirits, we provide iced coolers to keep them cold.
- Transportation: We always provide transportation back to your vehicle or have your vehicle shuttled to our take-out location. There is no extra costs for this. We are also happy to help with transportation needs over and above our standard itinerary.
- Gifts: As a way of saying "thanks!" we offer our Rogue, Lower Salmon and Owyhee River guests a complimentary Ouzel t-shirt and "nalgene-style" water bottle with the famous Ouzel logo. For other trips, t-shirts and water bottles may be purchased at a discounted price prior to the trip.
- Other Amenities: Where required, we provide top-of-the-line portable toilets that offer privacy and are designed to be stable and comfortable. We do not use "bucket" or "ammo can" style toilets that can be unstable and unpleasant to use. On all overnight trips we also include a library of books and information about the river and surrounding area, which is always available in camp. Furthermore, depending on the river and type of campsites available, we try to include a variety of games and activities such as horseshoes, bocce and volleyball.
What is NOT Included:
- Transportation to and from your home to the meeting location.
- Lodging or meals prior to or following your river trip.
- Sodas, beer and spirits.
- Any additional items of a personal nature not specifically included above or listed on the packing list you receive after making your reservation.
- Fishing licenses and equipment.