Ouzel Guide Equipment and Certification Requirements
The following rescue & recovery gear must be with you at all times and available to you at a moment's notice.
- Throw rope
- Partial Rescue kit (2 prussiks, 2x30’ webbing, 2 locking/4 regular carabiners )
- Minor First Aid kit
- CPR mask
- Latex gloves
The following certifications must be on file in the office prior to working any trips. Certifications must be kept up to date.
- Wilderness First Aid Certification - current
- Adult & Child CPR - current
- Oregon Food Handler's certification -current
The following are personal items that you must have to comfortably and safely contribute as a guide on a trip. You will not be allowed to borrow these items from Ouzel after training.
- Personal rafting gear (splash gear, day bag, guide paddle, etc.)
- Personal camping gear for Multi-day trips (dry bag, sleeping pad, sleeping bag, etc.)
As a full-time Trip Leader, in addition to the above you will be required to have:
- Wilderness Advanced First Aid (Wilderness First Responder preferred)
- Complete Rescue kit
- Complete Library